When new technology gets in the hands of the public there is no telling where it will lead. Case in point.
Posts Tagged ‘iPad’
Posted in Uncategorized, tagged bone health, Books, budget, cell phone, desktop, Exercise, germs, heart health, hot babe, iPad, iPhone, jump, laptop, magazines, practical, tech, techie, Technology, Travel, treadmill, weight loss on April 18, 2010| 3 Comments »
Are you the kind of friend who will talk me off a window ledge, or are you the one who yells, “Jump!”? (Oh yeah, YOU try to punctuate that last sentence.) Anyway, as I was saying, here I am on the ledge, down below is an unproven, first edition of iPad, and I want you to help me make up my mind.
A few weeks ago few had seen the iPad, though rumors abounded. Even then I was snatching those trial balloons by the string and pulling them to examine. Well, now the newest tech creature is out there. I’ve held one in my hand, though it was wisely tethered to a strong desk in an Apple store. To my credit I didn’t hug it to my chest and suck my thumb right there, but almost.
So now you are thinking, well what’s her problem? She wants it badly; it might poke holes in her budget, but she wouldn’t eat cat food, so what’s the problem? The problem is I’m a practical girl. Objects should fill a need or at least beautify me or the house (extra points if it beautifies me). I’m not sure the iPad qualifies. This is my assessment.
First, why NOT?
- I have a laptop.
- I have a desktop.
- I have books.
- I have magazines
- That pesky budget thing
- iPad doesn’t have a phone
- I don’t travel all that much
Second, WHY NOT?
- So much easier to travel with than laptop
- So much cooler than laptop (Think of modern cell & old mobile phone.)
- So much lighter than laptop
- Touch screen—Whoa Doggies!
- Easy note pad & quick research at writers’ conferences
- Cats won’t get in front of screen
- Can read online magazines instead of germy ones at doctor’s office
- Can update blog, twitter and Facebook anywhere (Why? I don’t know)
- Can easily download and send pictures on the fly
- I talk less than 10 minutes a month on my cell phone
- I can watch movies, TV or listen to music while on treadmill
Probably the strongest argument for WHY NOT? Is the whole treadmill thingy. OK I don’t have a treadmill, but I’ve thought of getting one. The problem is without something to keep me from getting bored, we both know I won’t be using it. There is no room to keep a treadmill anywhere in the two rooms with TV’s. The guest room, though would be perfect, but it has no TV, no cable connection. You see where I’m going, don’t you.? Buy iPad, buy treadmill, work out regularly, lose weight, gain bone mass, strengthen heart, become hot babe with hot new tech device.