Amurin over at Stop & Wander tagged me with an Honest Scrap award. I am honored. Of course, maybe I fooled her. Maybe I am really a deranged young man living in a cabin in the north woods, accumulating fertilizer and poetry, and bumping into Bigfoot every once in a while. Ah well. Here goes.
When you get the Honest Scrap award for your honest crap, you are meant to grace your readers with 10 honest things about yourself, and then pass on the award to other blog friends who write honestly and truly about themselves and events in their life.
At this point the blank white screen is imprinting itself on my brain, but I’ll try.
- In my family honesty was the Holy Grail. Lies were not permitted and the word “liar” hurled at anyone or even spoken quietly evoked a stern look or smack. There was nothing worse you could say of a person.
- It is unbelievably freeing to no longer be a sex symbol. Just a hint to the C.I.A.: In my invisible woman phase I could be unfailingly helpful to you. Just sayin.
- I’m not a one-friend person, always ran in groups (not cliques, we weren’t that important) in school.
- When a child, I hoarded all my nickels and pennies and counted them over and over, loving the sound of them flowing back and forth from one hand to the other. I still try to keep most in my hands.
- In school avoided reading and science. As an adult read constantly and am fascinated by science. What happened to “as the twig is bent, so grows the tree?”
- My grands are the most amazing four people on the planet, followed closely by their parents plus two, my daughter and her husband.
- I can live without a lot of things, but not cats. (Well maybe this one blocking the computer screen.)
- I love, love, love guns. So shoot me.
- My motto is: Old is not a four-letter word. Senior is what I was in high school.
- But I refuse to wear “granny panties.” If bikinis were good enough for my pregnant body, they are good enough now.
Now watch out! I’m getting ready to tag someone, and it’s: Corina @Wasted Days and Wasted Nights, C\hele, OmbudsBen, & anyone else who would like to join in.